Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Monkey wrench tossed in the works

So, there is a skeleton of a draft of this novel. A sketch, really. I am presently trying to re-enter this sketch so I can go in and flesh it out. Add some meat to those bones. The problem is re-entry. The problem is patience & persistence. How do I get back in?

To add to this dilemma, I've been invited to read at this poetry event in a couple of months (details to follow). Given that I strongly dislike most poems that I've written as of late, I've got to write some new ones. A task which is currently flipping me out. Okay, I'm not flipping out that much. Not yet, anyway.

I feel like a split personality. How do I approach this? I don't want to put the novel-writing on hold, but the processes for the different genres require different mind sets. For me, anyway.

What to do, what to do.

Just some thoughts this morning, while I procrastinate by *not* writing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home